Mostafa Mohamed arouses desires in Ligue 1 – LIGABlatt – football at the hour!

During the week, when Egypt narrowly failed to qualify for this year’s Winter World Cup in Qatar, Mostafa Mohamed is now back to the tough Süper Lig routine. In the remaining eight matches, the 24-year-old wants to at least ensure a conciliatory end to the disappointing season with Galatasaray, who are fifteenth in the table. While ‘Cim Bom’ is struggling this season, Mohamed has made a name for himself in European football and is said to be on the wish list of a number of prestigious French clubs.

As reported by Turkish media, citing news from the French press, the Egyptian has recently made a lasting impression on Ligue 1 scouts in particular. Accordingly, AS Saint-Étienne should have been interested in working with Mohamed for a long time. From a sporting point of view, however, a move to the eastern French industrial city would not mean a step forward for the striker, because Saint-Étienne is currently fighting to stay up in France’s top division and is stuck deep in the table basement in eighteenth place. Other omens prevail at both Olympique Marseille and OSC Lille, both of whom are playing for a place in Europe and are said to be keeping a close eye on Mohamed. At Lille, the Egypt international could possibly succeed Burak Yılmaz and Jonathan David, who are set to say goodbye to the ‘Dogs’.

Fear opponent Senegal

Whenever Mohamed steps up for his home country selection, he has the opportunity to learn from one of the best players in the world. After all, as is well known, Mohamed Salah is also part of the Egyptian national team. But even the superstar from FC Liverpool could not prevent the bitter end in the playoff duel of the World Cup qualification against Senegal last Tuesday. The second leg was only decided on penalties, in which both Salah and Mohamed failed from the point. Curious: The Egyptian shooters were so irritated by the Senegalese crowd with laser pointers that it was almost impossible to think of taking the penalty kick normally. Neither FIFA nor the African Football Association CAF have imposed sanctions on the gross unsportsmanlike behavior of the spectators. Egypt had previously lost to Senegal on penalties in the final of the Africa Cup of Nations in early February. At that time, Mohamed was substituted in the 59th minute of the game and did not take part in the “shootout”. Now the 24-year-old attacker, who has scored six goals and three assists in the Süper Lig so far in 2021/2022, wants to forget the Senegal trauma in his Galatasaray club as quickly as possible. The first chance to do so is this Saturday (7:30 p.m., LIVE! in the LIGA Leaflet MatchCenter) with a home game against Fatih Karagümrük.

Photo: Lluis Gene/AFP via Getty Images